Saturday, February 20
And so, I spend this saturday night drinking shiraz and listening to Primus, Frizzle fry.
Lots of people I know are going through so much these days, parents dying, new babies, old friends surfacing..I have been thinking alot about my past relationships as I am to become officially divorced after 12 years of seperation. What was my role in the failing of my marriage? could I have done something? did I try? Maybe I just didn't know what to expect, and therefore having no model on which to depend, let it fall apart. This time will be different. I can already feel it. This love has a spontaneity to it, a whimsical but intense flavor. A good mix of the old and the new.
Monday, February 8
So here I am in my final days as a 36 year old...these are some of the things I have learned:
1. Moms are usually right.
2. Things don't get easier, but, your life experience makes things not such a terrible surprise.
3. Love can and does re-germinate in the barren place you thought dead.
4. Getting older is not so bad.
5. You must learn to forgive others and especially yourself, no-one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, some worse than yours.
6. No Regrets.
7. At some point your body stops co-operating with you and you must learn how to eat properly and exercise.
8. You are never too old for tattoos.
9. People will think you are an adult because you look grown up, but everyone is still a kid inside.
10. Be good to yourself, you are all you've got in the end.